RECIPE: Quinoa Tabboleh Salad
We love quinoa! This pseudo-grain is a wonderful wheat-free alternative to starchy sides. It contains all nine essential amino acids making it a complete-protein source. Quinoa is also high in anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, not to mention it has a unique nutty flavor that is absolutely delish! This fresh quinoa tabboleh is one of our favorite summer sides.
Quinoa Tabboleh Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large English hothouse cucumber cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan bring quinoa, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Blend lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Slowly mix in olive oil.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and chopped scallions to quinoa.
- Mix in lemon dressing
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To make ahead- store dressing separately and mix in just before serving.