Set Yourself Up for Success
A Nightly Checklist for a Healthy Morning
We all have rituals and habits that help keep us on track. I’m a morning person, but I like to enjoy my mornings- not rush around feeling swept up in chaos. In order to ensure my morning is productive and not frenetic, I do as much as I possibly can the night before. With a little planning and prep, you can make sure your day is set to be a healthy one!
Here’s what I do every night…
- Set up coffee to be ready for the morning in my Toddy cold brew coffee maker
- Pack some celery and almond butter, and an apple for my purse. I like Sistema containers for snacks on the go.
- Chop peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach for my morning omelette. I put them in a small container in the fridge, and am able to make an omelette in under six minutes!
- Check the weather and plan my workout – if it’s nice and I want to run outside, I’ll plan a route.
- If it’s a gym day, I’ll pack my gym bag with clothes for the day and put it in my car. My new favorite gym bag is by Dagne Dover- it’s the only one I’ve found that can hold everything!
- If it’s a kids’ activity day I pack a small cooler of snacks for after school – fruits, veggies, crackers and plenty of extra water.
- Fill my Cacktaki water bottle and add some freshly sliced lemon
- Set my alarm- I wake up pretty early, usually between 5:30 and 6. I function best when I have some time to myself in the morning before the family wakes up.
- Lay out my gym clothes
- Set out my Apple Cider Vinegar for my morning ACV shot
- Get the kids set for the morning- laying out their clothes, packing lunch, packing up backpacks and putting everything by the door.