Yes, we get it. Choking down vinegar first thing in the morning is never pleasant. But it's one of the most effective things you can do to aid weight loss and stabilize your blood sugar.
Studies are incredibly conclusive about the amazing benefits of daily ACV shots, namely-
1) ACV significantly delays gastric emptying- the rate at which food leaves the stomach and enters the small intestines. Simply put, your stomach stays full longer.
2) ACV improves insulin sensitivity- causing a significantly lower blood sugar and insulin response, particularly during high carbohydrate meals. This means fewer blood sugar spikes ans subsequent crashes.
3) Studies show daily consumption of ACV leads to greater weight loss, particularly loss of belly fat.
4) ACV causes increased feelings of satiety from meals - studies showed subjects felt more satisfied and consequently ate fewer calories throughout the day.
5) ACV is antimicrobial- inhibiting the growth of e coli, candida, and staph.
What kind to get? Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with "the mother", which consists of strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria. It can often make for a muddy appearance or residue- it's perfectly safe. Bragg's is excellent, but the brand Pineapple Collaborative (available online and at Crate and Barrel) is by far the most delicious one we have tasted. It's much milder, but also at $24, a bit of a splurge!
Can I take pills or gummies? Sorry, no. Studies show the pills are not effective. Gummies are worse, as they are not only ineffective they also have added sugar.
How to make it more palatable? Dilute it with 8 oz of water- even sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon can make it taste like a kombucha! You don't need to chug it on an empty stomach if it makes you sick- you can sip it or have it with or after a meal if you need to.
So make sure you include ACV in your daily routine- the benefits are well worth it!